Sunday, October 03, 2010

camera-trapping part two

One of the lessons of trail cameras is that if spots aren't chosen well, you may end up with 900 pictures of wind and grass. I have found a few places to set the camera that don't trigger obsessively and are traveled by animals. While our imaginations occasionally let us see bears and cougars in every shadow, I'm beginning to learn that while there aren't animals everywhere, if you wait long enough you may be surprised with what you see. These pictures were taken over a period of months.




first bobcat. i can't explain my excitement of seeing these shots.



steller's jays

nutcracker


jay and hairy woodpecker




hooray for cows! :/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those shots are fascinating!
I love the night shots & the hairy woodpecker :)!

dasunrisin said...

Wow-- how awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Hi Jason, I see you're also from CO. Welcome to the Nature Blog Network. I have a friend who uses a wildlife camera with great results - she's captured a bear and cubs outside a den, plus mountain lion and bobcat footage. You've got some great shots from yours. Does it take a long time to go through the photos?